// October 7th, 2008 // Comments Off // Music & Entertainment, Technology
So I’m really digging the iPhone.. granted, the battery consumption is frustrating because it only allows you to use “all” the tools it came with for a few hours- but I’ve adapted for now. As a business tool and a personal tool this phone has become my 11th finger, my third hand, my second head, my… well, you get the picture. I’ve found ways to incorporate the iphone into every aspect of my 9-5 life and my independent music night life…
I thought I’d share a few of the tools that I have found to be invaluable. Please share you favorite apps with me and others who read this!
- Evernote- This app is a great note/to do piece. I have found myself humming melody lines that were trapped in my head into the voice recorder, making quick notes of stuff to pick up at the grocery store and snapping pictures to remember later (like the name of a wine I had- it also does image recognition)
- Fring- This could be an all around app of the future. This social tool incorporates a ton of media sites and communications including Skype. Yes, Skype. When we recently made Tone Box completely digital we switched all phones to Skype so now I have it with me every where. Look me up on Skype: toneboxdigital
- Airsharing- This app turns my iphone into a wireless hard drive. I can take my documents with me everywhere I go. Works with tons of document formats- MS Word, Excel, PDF, jpgs, html, rtf, audio files and so many more.
- Facebook- This is a killer app. Recently updated, the feel of this app is very close to the real Facebook. I can keep up friends, messages, status, comments and requests. If we can get flash for the iPhone I can play Mob Wars and we’ll all be in trouble.
- Myspace- The reason I like this app is because I hate Myspace but continue to have a presence on there. I never actually go to myspace anymore. I can see friend requests and messages from the iphone and not get bogged down into that clunky myspace.
- BeatMaker- This was one of my favorite apps for the plane. I was able to create loops, edit loops and then dump to my macbook in a usable format. I haven’t used it in a while because it got removed and the last sync didn’t bring it back! I’m working on getting it back and will be using it as soon as I do!
- Sportacular- I know, this isn’t a business app but it rocks. Updates often during games and allows me to create a fantasy player list so I can see how my fantasy players are doing from one page! Saves me time, so it’s beneficial to my business.
- Twitterific- Yes, if you know me, then you know I live on Twitter. Most of my facebook friends have no idea that Twitter drives my facebook status and I’m not really on Facebook all day!
- Oblique Strategies- not new to me but new to the iphone. Great app with one liners or sayings that can generate thought in almost any situation.
Doesn’t it suck when you are reading a list and it ends at like 9? or 13? Who said all lists had to be 3, 5, 10, 20, 50? :) Those are my nine. What is my 10th favorite? You tell me!!! What are your favorite apps?