As usual the new year brings in the idea of change. It’s a great opportunity to start fresh. Many of us go the default route of health. That’s great and it’s actually on my list too but let’s get a bit deeper. What are you really going to change, do better, accomplish, create, build, quit in 2011?
For me, I have a few things I’d like to work on.
- Spend more time with my family. I’m a workaholic. I LOVE to work. I love what I do and the people I work for and with. This one is all on me. I need to plan and manage my time better so that I’m not working till 2am 5-7 days a week.
- Be creative (again). I used to write and play music all the time. I put out an indie record back in 1998 that was fun (although not really that good)… this year I want to write and play more than ever. I’ve been hired to write & produce two speciality projects this year so that’s a kickstart in the right direction!
- Surf more. I surf most chance I get when in SC. Living in Nashville doesn’t make it easy. As a matter of fact it’s impossible. I’ve added to my ‘bucket’ list that I’d actually like to compete in an amateur longboard competition in the next year or so!
- Health. This is a given but like most things- when written down it’s easier to accomplish or at least attempt to stay on track. High blood pressure, high cholesterol has crept into my life. My diet has to change in order to stay healthy and alive.
- New adventures. I want to take chances. Not adrenalin type chances. I have friends and partners with some great things going on and I want to be a part of creating some new companies (I know this contradicts some of the first focus of work less- however, managing my time better will allow for this)
What about you? What are you going to do different in 2011?
Looking for a way to manage your “resolutions” or “to do” lists of 2011. Check out 43things.com – I’ve setup some of my goals there so find me and we’ll push each other!
Happy New Year!!!