I’ve been on the hunt the past few weeks for something new. Not necessarily innovative in the music world but at least music that can keep my attention from beat 1. It’s not a huge list and unfortunately it’s not all available yet but I’m giving you a heads up…
What are you listening to?
- Tom Yarbrough: My Good Thing EP- the track “Oh, Your Love” is amazing. Should be available in the next few months online. I’ll definitely keep you guys posted on his stuff.
- Our Heart’s Hero: Just received two demo tracks from these guys- and I must say they have come a long way since the over-Christian-radio-produced self-titled debut on Gotee. Excited to see these guys back to the edge! Really digging the track called “Keep Breathing”
- Oasis: Dig Out Your Soul is one of if not my favorite album of 2008. Absolutely amazing. “Bag It Up”, “Waiting For The Rapture” & “The Shock Of The Lightning” are stand outs on this album- but I highly recommend the whole thing…
- Stereophonics: Decade In The Sun is a best of collection with a crazy new track called “My Own Worst Enemy”.
- The Red Jumpsuit Apparatus‘s new single “You Better Pray”- good rock and roll.
- Butch Walker: Sycamore Meadows- good safe record… if you are a fan then you will love this record.
- The Classic Crime‘s “The Fight”- yes, it’s a few years old but just dig this track.
What I did NOT buy or like this week.
- David Cook’s new album. Cookie Cutter- absolutely nothing new and no surprises. Will be a huge hit with mom’s and young ladies across the US. I’m curious about his photos, his head seems really long- just me or the hair-do?
- Red’s new single “Fight Inside”. I tried it. It seems to be Chevelle meets Linkin Park and both of those bands keep me covered.
- Bret Michaels “Acoustic Sessions”- Need I say more?
Please advise… What are you listening to?